Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Budila School Bus Does a Drop Off at the Foundation Center

Gheorghita & Alisha Sidebottom
Thursdays at the Foundation Center are always an exciting day for me, its my day to be in the village and feel the connection between the kids and families that belong to many of the babies we see come and go out of the Children's Hospital. Today in Kids Club we learned a new song called "Father Abraham" some of you may recognize this song from growing up in Sunday school or attending vacation bible school. I remember learning this song as a child, and today it was such a delight watching it be sung in a different language, half way across the world by little boys and girls who live in a village called Budila! The thought came to me of how much we are all connected. Even though we all seem so different in many ways, we all have one thing in common, we all need to be loved, we were created for family. When singing the words "Father Abraham has many sons, I am one of them and so are you" reminds us we are all part of a much bigger family of God. Here's a peak at my day in Budila!



No comments:

Post a Comment